Roof Installation Perth
Different Varieties of Roof Insulation
There are two main types of roof insulation material.
• Reflective roof insulation material is normally used in warmer areas to insulate the ceilings and roofs. It is composed of reflective foil that reflects heat from the outside during hot months and traps warm air from the inside during cold months.
• In contrast, bulk insulation material traps pockets of air and serves as a barrier in preventing cold and hot air from permeating or escaping from the roof. It is mostly used in colder areas with long winter months. Some of the most popular reflective and bulk insulation materials include the following.
• Fiberglass (Glass wool) is a popular insulation material to insulate the rooms. It is a type of reflective foil insulation and has been used to insulate the rooms for many years.
• Natural Sheep Wool is an effective insulation material that possesses efficient insulation properties.
• Another popular insulation material is Polyester. It does not irritate the skin on contact and is easy to install and fix.
• Rockwool (Stone wool) is also used to insulate the house. It is made of volcanic rock and provides excellent insulation properties. Moreover, the insulation material possesses especial thermal properties and is highly resistant to fire.
Discovering the True Cost of Roof Insulation
Roof Insulation in Perth, Melbourne and other cities in Australia is now required by law as part of the government’s green initiative program for low energy efficient homes. Roof Insulation not only saves you energy costs, it will also make the home more pleasant during hot and cold seasons. Properly installed Roof Insulation resists heat flow that keeps the rooms warm during winter and cool during summer seasons.
Cost of Installing Roof Insulation Perth People Should Consider
You should expect to pay around $85 for 60mX1200mm (72m2) roll of a standard reflective foil insulation material. A reflective foil with additional “air cell” barrier normally cost as much as $350 for 22.5mX1350mm roll (30m2).
Glass wool batts without foil backing can cost around $60 for a 9m2 pack. Polyester and Sheep wool batts, on the other hand, are 50% more expensive than glass wool batts. Supplied and installed you should be paying between $8m2 and $11m2 depending on what brand and rating you choose to achieve. You ideally should aim to install a minimum of an R3.5 and a recommended R4.0 when using glasswool insulation.
The price of insulation batts increases with the R-value (thermal rating) of the batts. Insulation batts with higher R-value cost more than lower value insulation batts. They also provide better insulation than lower R-value insulation batts.
You should choose a reliable Roof Insulation Installer in Perth as by using a professional firm it will save you time, effort, and risk of installing the insulation material incorrectly yourself. Choose a firm like Roof Insulation Perth who are insured and are experienced. If you are looking for Roof Insulation Perth people should contact us today for a free quote.